1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin With Little Patience

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by eg4life, Mar 16, 2005.

1. eg4life

eg4life Member

HI, I just bought a Mad Dog 8x Dvd burner, I have Nero Smartstart. I can't burn any movies, it says copyright protected.. unable to read. I heard u can use a decrypter in colaboration with it to burn copyrighted dvd's..
    If not... what is the cheapest way to burn.
    Dual layer with all the fixins.

2. colw

colw Active member

Patience is a virtue.

DVD Decrypter is a very good program for ripping and burning movies in ISO mode.

DVD Shrink is a very good ripping and compressing program (it does not burn).

Both programs (free) can be downloaded by using the software tab at the top of the page on this site.

Would also suggest reading/downloading a couple of guides for these programs (guides tab) prior to attempting your first burn.

Burning is quite simple once you understand the process - however tread slowing and do some homework before you attempt your first burn.

3. Reddjhn

Reddjhn Guest

DVD Shrink is a very good ripping and compressing program (it does not burn).
    It may not burn... but it does burn...I guess it uses the burning software that is already installed on your puter. In the end you have the option to save to hard drive or burn to disc.

Also I have come across a couple of protected DVDs.
    AnyDVD works every time for me.

4. eg4life

eg4life Member

The DVD Decrypter works great. Its best feature is its simplicity. BUUTT it burns soo slow.

Question to burn files larger than 4.7 or something.....Like 7-8 GB you need a DVD+R disk right?
    I wasnt sure.
    I have a dual layer but im pretty sur it only works on disks other than DVD-r

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

To burn larger than 4.7GB you need what is called a "Dual Layer" disk..

If you need some help check out my website the link is in my signature. :)

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

If you are using dual layer discs, just use dvd-decrypter: Iso- read/ and Iso-write.This is a 1 to 1 ratio with no compression.

If you are trying to put that large dvd-9 movie on standard dvdr disc, then dvd decrypter- File Mode- to hard drive, then compress it with dvd shrink.

I have no trouble compressing those large 7-8 gig movies onto standard dvdr disc. If they have major shrinkage,then I use the enhancements of dvd shrink like max smoothness.I do cut out most of the bonus crap and extra audio streams.The lower the compression,the better.

You can also split those large movies up onto 2 regular dvdr's. Here's some handy guides: http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html