1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual Drives.. help plz

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by hobbz81, Sep 20, 2004.

1. hobbz81

hobbz81 Member

I am trying to play Sims2 and it says that I have virtual drives and that I must disable them before it will allow me to play.

I have Daemon tools.. I disabled the virtual drives.
    I have Alcohol.. I set virtual drives to 0.
    I have Nero.. I couldn't figure out how to disable virtual drives for that.. but someone said they do have em.

Some of the programs I have that may be causing it include: DVD Shrink, cloneCD, directcd, powerDVD, WinISO, alcohol, Nero, Daemon tools, etc.

Using Nero I was able to obtain the following about the drive:

J:\ Image Simulation
    J:\
    Description: PrecSim SCSI miniport
    Version: 1.14.0.0
    Provider: Engelmann GmbH

driver file: System32\DRIVERS\precsim.sys

Using My computer it says:

Image Simulation SCSI CdRom Device Properties

First of all .. this is a virtual drive correct? And secondly what is causing it? or how can I find out what is causing it? Could I just go into properties and uninstall the driver?

Sorry for the long post. Any help is appreciated.

-Nate

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use CloneCD 5.0.2.2, burn CD 1 and choose the "Protected PC Game" profile and read image at 4x, burn at 4x.(PC Version)Reboot your pc, enable CloneCD's "hide cd-r" and play the backup in your burner , not your dvd or cd-rom.

CloneCD
    http://www.slysoft.com

3. hobbz81

hobbz81 Member

thanks for the help...

but I was trying to use the original cd and it wouldn't let me play because it detects virtual drives on my computer and tells me to disable them all before restarting the game..

and I think roxio is causing it..

4. hobbz81

hobbz81 Member

I figured it out..

I just uninstalled Roxio (b/c it's crap) and then I disabled the drive. For some reason my computer keeps popping it up, but I just uninstall the driver it dissapears and it lets me play Sims2.

Shoey thanks for the concern. Luckily I already had burned the game using CloneCD and it worked just fine.

I first used the real version then used the cd copy of it.. still np. If anyone has similar problems let me know.

-Nate