1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

virtual dub frezez on p4

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by At1472, Dec 14, 2002.

1. At1472

At1472 Guest

virtual dub has been a stable reliable program on all my box. built new one and virtualdub freezes after converting 20 to 40 meg. then just freezed counter continues but no progress no error log created either.
    pc is intel p4 2.8, 2 gig ram, 720 gig hd over 4, dvd bunrer, dvd rom, combo dvd/cdrw, and cdrw motherboard asusp4b533e,any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

i can transfer the file to another machine and i converts great

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2006
  2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

could you please give more details about the files you are converting, ie divx 3 codec, are you running a frameserver, are you processing audio, video, or both? Thanks.

3. At1472

At1472 Guest

i am processsing avi mainly divx movies from Kazaa, some are encoded with divx mp43 but the audio rate in wrong for vcd converstion, other have angel potion, or msmpeg, as far as a frame server i'm sure actually, on my other machines (4) this never was an issue. so i really don't know i believe i all the right codecs loaded including divx 43 also high and low motion. mainly what i do is convert movies to avi which i then convert in tmpgnc then burn as vcd

any help would be appreciated.

right know that machine is in using burning a dvd so i can't or am afraid of doing too much multi-tasking
    thank

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2006
  4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I know that sometimes V-Dub has problems with audio that is VBR, so you may want to do this first:

click video-> direct stream copy
    click audio-> full processing mode
    click audio-> conversion -> 44100 hz, high quality, 16bit stereo
    click audio-> compression -> no compression <pcm>

now click file -> save avi. This will give you a bigger file size, but the .avi file might be better for converting because of audio issues.. anyhow, see if this helps ya.