1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual Dub Made 2 Separate files....

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by spursdude, Feb 1, 2003.

1. spursdude

spursdude Member

I was ripping a DVD as per the DVD to DivX 5 article on this site. I followed all the instructions to the letter, I'm almost positive.

In the end, after the Virtual Dub did the two passes, I now have two files - LethalWeapon4-firstpass.avi, which is 1.26GB like I wanted it to be. The other file is LethalWeapon4-secondpass.avi. This file is 2.40GB.

Perhaps I'm missing out on something, but I assumed that the end result of the DVD rip and encoding process would result in one file at the 1.26GB I wanted. Could anybody help clarify what went wrong and/or how to fix this? Thanks.

-Andrew

2. Deznaj

Deznaj Regular member

The first file it creates is a file that Virtuadub uses as reference. The second one should be the movie but it looks way to big! I have ripped Lethal Weapon 4 to a 2 Disc DivX-file (1.4 Gig in total), so it is possible.

I think you took the uncompressed (extracted with DVDtoAvi) soundfile by mistake. CDex puts the compressed files in a standard directory (CDex - Options - Settings -Filenames to change this) so the file probably won't be in the directory of the Lethal Weapon VOB-files. So next time check if you use the compressed soundfile.

This happened to my first movie too!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2003