1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual Dub Mod

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 83512370, May 26, 2004.

1. 83512370

83512370 Member

when i use virtal dub mod to extract the sound, with some files i get the following warning:-
    "virtual dub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file (audion stream 1). the current preference is to rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. this may introduce up to 0ms of skew from the video stream. if this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bit rate encoder (bitrate: 160+/-0.2 kbps)
    do you still want to rewrite the header?"

i was wondering how i would go about fixing this problem. and which methods work best for going about fixing it.
    also what is skew?
    any help would be much appreciated
    many thanks

2. lucrecia_

lucrecia_ Member

I extracted the wav file from the video using save wav from virtualdub. However I'm confused as to how I would re-encode this using CBR. I'm completely new at this and don't exactly know the terminology to all this stuff. I looked under audio->compression and it didn't offer any CBR encoding at all. Do I need another program to compress my wav file?