1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual Dub-Mpeg-2 (Minion)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by souleater, Jan 2, 2004.

1. souleater

souleater Guest

Virtual Dub Works fine to a point it will not let
    me use any other audio codec except PCM and when it's
    done the video and audio aren't sync'd and what is the
    difference btwn Virt Dub & Virt Dub Mpeg2. i'm haveing
    to use EO Video to recompress from 2 G's and try to sync the audio and video is there a better way. tks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you should be able to use any Audio codec that you have installed on your System to encode the audio..go to "Audio" to "Compression" and you should be able to choose MP3, Or you can leave the audio to "Direct stream Copy" and the Audio will be the audio in your Source File...The differance between the Regular Virtual-Dub and Virtul-Dub-Mpeg2 is that the regular V-Dub doesn"t Load Mpeg2 files which is what Vob files are...If you want to try another Method that is easy then you can try "DVD2AVI" which can be downloaded here :
    http://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi/DVD2AVI_1.77.3.zip

Run DVD2AVI and then Load your Vob files into it, then go to "Audio" to "Track Number" and set it to "Track #1" then go to "Audio to "Output Method" and choose either "Decode to Wav" or "Demux" depending on if you want AC3 audio or not, then go to "File" to "Save AVI" and then choose your codecs and bitrate and then save your File and in a While you will have a AVI file with No audio and either a wav audio file or an AC3 audio file ,If you want you can now encode the wav file to MP3 with any audio encoder you want, then you can use a Program called "AVI-Mux" which you can get at this site :
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avimux.html
    Run AVI Mux and load in the AVI Video file and then click the "Add" Button and then navigate to the AC3 audio file or the Mp3 audio file and then save the new AVI file and it should work Fine ....I hope it works better this time ...good luck

3. bdybrdr

bdybrdr Member

"OT"
    my copy of VDub Mod doesn't have an audio menu but my copy of VDub does... now isn't that a PITA ... oh well