1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDub - Cannot append segment file.avi: The Audio streams have different data formats

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by azzcriter, Feb 5, 2006.

1. azzcriter

azzcriter Member

I have two avi files I am trying to join with VirtualDub. I add the first file, then I attempt to append the second file. When I try to add the second file I get the error:

Cannot append segment file.avi: The Audio streams have different data formats

I have read in other forums some information, but I am new to the video scene. I don't really understand what they are talking about.

I tried using VirtulDub by loading the first avi and setting the video to direct stream copy, and then the audio to full processing mode. This was suggested in another forum. But when I do this, I get an error saying that FAT32 does FAT32 says no bigger than 4 gig. I was going to do this with both files and then join them.

Also if I look at the properties for each avi file I am trying to join, they are exactly the same. So I don't see what the problem is.

Can anyone explain in Newbies terms on how to fix this situation?

Thanks

2. L8ter

L8ter Guest

what file ext are you audio you may have to convert the audio file seperate b-4 processing

here is a link that I used http://www.doom9.org/mpg/avi2dvdr.htm

not that newb friendly but you'll figure it out!

just pay attention to [bold]step 2[/bold] and notice where it say's you'll have to have ac3 format or some prog's will not like it! so I would follow the link "create an ac3 file" and convert both audio to ac3 before appending in vdub

hope this help's