1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtualdub error message for audio on my avi file.

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by irish80ca, Jan 8, 2007.

1. irish80ca

irish80ca Regular member

Hi guys,

I’ve got Virtualdub-MPEG2 1.6.11 on my computer with the additional codecs so it will recognize my AVI format. I’ve got two movies. Both are in AVI format and both were split in half.

I managed to join the first movie following the instructions found on afterdawn.com but I’ve run into a problem with the second movie when I try to join the two sections. Video shows up fine but it gives me an error message for the audio. It is as follows:

“Virtualdub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in this source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 11132ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bit encoder. (bitrate: 131.9 +/- 19.0 kbps)”

What does this mean and how do I correct it for the best sound and keep it in sync?

Thanks in advance.

2. irish80ca

irish80ca Regular member

anyone?

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

It means what it says. Avery Lee took a strict stance on VBR audio in the avi container. So as per the message it rewrites the header resulting in audio desync.

You could
    a) follow the advice
    b) use virtualDubMod or AVI-Mux GUI instead.

4. irish80ca

irish80ca Regular member

Thanks for the rply celtic_d but I managed to find a solution on a different website. I installed nundub which looks exactly like virtualdub but without the VBR issues so plroblem solved.