1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDub Error: This AVI file doesn't have a movie data block (movi)!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by bandit789, Dec 26, 2004.

1. bandit789

bandit789 Member

Hi
    I was following the guide to burn AVI's onto a playable DVD, and I got to the part where you use VirtualDub, and it said that I need to combine the files into one AVI first. I have a series of 5 AVI divx files.
    Here's the problem:
    I can combine the first 3 in the series as shown in the guide, and it works perfectly. But I can't add the 4th one! When I try to add it it returns this error message:
    VirtualDub Error
    This AVI file doesn't have a movie data block (movi)!

It doesn't make sense to me because I can add the 5th one just fine, it's just that 4th one. Does anyone know what to do?
    Thanks in advance,
    Bandit

2. buraku

buraku Member

to make things easier, find out what bitrate the audio and video are encoded at in your avis (i use gspot). if im having problems, i usually re-encode all my avis to make sure they use the smae codecs and same bitrates with xvid on fast recompress with 2-passes to minimize quality loss and the lame audio codec. after they're all the same, i usually have no problem joining them. hope this helps.