1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDub Subtitle Help

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Silo45, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Silo45

Silo45 Member

When trying to apply a hard copy of subtitles onto a movie (w/VirtualDub) I keep getting the same error. NOT EHOUGH DISK SPACE...
    (I also get a VBR error when I open the movie, but that dosent bother to me as much).

This isnt the first time Ive added subtitles to a movie, but I guess Im still not that good at it yet.

When I check the Output video (The Part that it did do), the movie is about 19 min. long, but the file size is like 21 GB., real choppy, and out of sync.

When I preview the movie eveything seems to be right. I dont know what the problem is.

I just Installed Nandub, so I dont know if that is whats causeing the problem but this sux.

I think somthing in my preferences is wrong, I dont think I changed anything since the last time I added Subs but who knows.

Anybody know whats causing this...

Thanx,
    Silo

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Your problem is that you are outputting raw RGB video. You will also get sync problems if you don't decompress the audio (could be avoided by using VirtualDubMod instead or dealing with the audio separately).

NanDub shouldn't have an installer from recollection. Just a matter of unpacking and running, where it will create some registry entries, but they shouldn't effect anything else.

3. Silo45

Silo45 Member

RGB dont know what that is.

So why didnt this ever happen to me before. As Im writing this Im downloading VRmod but im just curious

Thanx
    Silo

4. Silo45

Silo45 Member

Ok So I DL VDmod But now theres a new problem the filters I used to add the subtitles isnt in the list of filters..

What do I do now any help, or a link to a turoial would be nice, Ill still keep looking for the answer.

Thanx again,
    Silo

5. Silo45

Silo45 Member

OOOKKKKAAAYYYY Now I See My Problem.

Now I understand what RGB is, I didnt choose a compression (Divx or Xvid ect.)
    Chosen when saveing in VDMod. (Very Good Upgrade Feat. I Must Add)

Got it fixed I think, just added the plugins from the old Vdub folder, hope this works.

Will post again,
    Silo

6. Silo45

Silo45 Member

AAAAnnnnnndddd its fixed. Finally.

Was up all night trying to fix this.

Once again afterdawn saved the day.

Silo