1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDubMod Exporting Problem

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by J8son, Feb 18, 2007.

1. J8son

J8son Member

I have a DVD-R of a video shot at a local church. The video is about an hour long but I need to isolate about three minutes of video in the middle and export that as a full frames, uncompressed .avi for editing later.

I open the DVD in VirtualDubMod, navigate to the point of the video I need and set IN/OUT points.

Then, I "Save As" and try to export the video as Full Processed/Uncompressed (I can't do Direct Stream Copy on this particular DVD).

However, the output file is not the correct aspect ratio. It will only export at 320x480 for some reason.

Does anyone know how to correct this so I can export the section of video I need totally unaltered, just isolated to the specific three minute section I'm looking for?

Thanks

2. J8son

J8son Member

EDIT:

Turns out that the source video they were capturing was not configured correctly. They are using an external box that I'm sure is not capturing at the correct aspect ratio.

Thanks anyway!