1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDubMod no 'Audio' menu

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by riqjuan, May 18, 2003.

1. riqjuan

riqjuan Member

I'm trying to multiplex my XviD AVI with my AC-3 stream using the directions in the XviD guide. It says open VirtualDubMod and select "Audio" menu. In my VirtualDubMod, there is no "Audio" menu. Only File,Edit,Video,Streams,Options,Tools,Help. What do I do??? I have the latest version.

2. Scal

Scal Guest

I have the exact same problem. The funny thing is that when I read the help-file that came with VDubMod, there's a screenshot of the menus and there's no Audio there :) So, please, if someone could point in the right direction, I'd be grateful. It's prolly just something too obvius that I missed it. Thanks!

3. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

What version does the guide tell you to use...also did you try using other versions of vdubmod, because that may be a bug that may have been fixed in a newer version...Your only option I think is to switch versions with one that has the audio tab.

4. riqjuan

riqjuan Member

I'm using the version that they link to on the guide.

5. Scal

Scal Guest

With a little looking into it, I found my solution. I skimmed thru the help files too quickly, there's a line that reads:

"Starting from version 1.5.x VirtualDubMod allow the use of multiple streams in its standard use (e.g. when writing AVI files).
    In this purpose the Audio menu has been replaced by Streams in the main menu. This new menu let you access features for the Video stream and the list of currently available streams (Stream list)."

When you click this it opens a new window which allows you to add or remove audio streams to/from a video file. When you press 'Add' and locate the file you want to add, it appears on the list. Right-clicking that gives you a list of thing you can do to it, among those are Interleaving and Direct processing mode which were needed in the guide.

Sorry to have bothered you without looking for an answer (well enough) before :)