1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDubMod unable to install?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by DezAnge, Apr 8, 2005.

1. DezAnge

DezAnge Member

For some reason when I download VirtualDubMod I can't install one of the ".dll" things. and this keeps me from using VirtualDubMod. When I unzip the file, I go to Auxsetup and then go to install the handlers when I get the message "couldn't read source file "vdremote.dll". Should I try again?" and I clivk to try again with no success. Please assist.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the Handlers are only used for Frameserveing with Virtual-Dub so if you are not going to be doing any frameserveing then you don"t have to install the Handlers....

You might also Consider Installing "Virtual-Dub-Mpeg-2" which can do most everything V-Dub-Mod can do accept Handle MKV and OGG Files Pluss it can Natively read VOB files and Mpeg-2 files and it can also Handle the Dolby AC3 audio in VOB files with the Help of a simple AC3 ACM decompressor that you install...It can also Frameserve VOB files and the Audio without any problems...

You can download "Virtual-Dub-Mpeg2" and the "AC3 ACM Decompressor" here:

Virtual-Dub-Mpeg2
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/VirtualDub-MPEG2.zip

AC3ACM Decompressor
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

Cheers

PS: The AC3 ACM decompressor will also Let Many other programs Read Dolby AC3 audio in AVI files includeing "Tmpgenc" so there is No more need to extract the audio from AVI Files with Dolby AC3 before encodeing them with Tmpgenc anymore....

3. DezAnge

DezAnge Member

The reason I want virtyaldub is to convert .ogm(ogg) and .mkv files. Suggestions

4. DezAnge

DezAnge Member

Any help on how I should resolve this problem with the handlers? Also even when I try to use VirtualDubMod without the handlers it says I need a "Corona.dll" something. What's that?

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

As said if you aren't frameserving, you don't need to worry about that.
    Try: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65889 I seem to recall that in the past there was a seperate dll pack. Perhaps you got a download that was meant to use that? Doesn't seem to be available any more but they are marked all inclusive.

VirtualDubMod hasn't been updated in ages, so I would not expect it to work with all mkv's. If you want to demux stuff from mkv's I would suggest mkvextract instead.

ogm on the otherhand hasn't been updated since longer than VDubMod so you should be ok. Otherwise try ogmdemux.

mencoder is also good for converting ogm's and mkv's.

6. dog3y3

dog3y3 Member

I use VDUBMOD to extract the tracks only. I don't use it to frameserve. It's buggy.

7. emmaZunz

emmaZunz Member

Hi!

I haven't been able to execute the VirtualDubMod either. I keep getting a window where it says the vorbis.dll file couldn't be found. But the dll is included in the VirtualDubMod.zip I downloaded.
    Any suggestions?

Emma.