1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista and dvd shrink problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by axemurder, Feb 11, 2007.

1. axemurder

axemurder Member

shrink keeps freezing up towards the very end like last 2 min .
    I have never had this problem before i just got a new comp it has vista amd 4600 64x2
    2gb ram it has a god forsaken light scribe burner but i figure it should still work.
    can anyone help me here?

2. axemurder

axemurder Member

I'm using shrink with anydvd just so you know

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Is this with a particular DVD or all DVDs? When you say last 2 minutes, is that the last 2 minutes of transcoding before the program starts the burner software? Are there any error messages?

ON some releases Shrink and AnyDVD haven't been working as well together as they use to. If it turns out to be copy protection, I'd suggest using RipIt4Me. With 1-Click mode it does everything you need and then opens the files in Shrink for you.

BTW, what's wrong with lightscribe burners? I've got one. I just don't use it much for lightscribe.

4. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

@axemurder-What stage is this the encode,or write stage, if it is right stage then try setting your target as iso image and use imgburner to burn image? What movie are you trying to backup?

5. axemurder

axemurder Member

It is the last 2 min of encoding. But i think i figured it out.
    I was backing it up to an external hd thats wasn't sata so i tried backing it up to the internal sata drive and it worked so im guessing it just doesn't like non sata external drives now. The movie is crank

@PacMan777 I have just had bad times with light scribe burners they seem to go out faster then non light scribe burners.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

External drives are sometimes more problematic due to the transfer rate. You just figured that out though. ;)

The reason I asked about the lightscribe was because I have an HP I've been using for a long time. It's actually better at reading "less than perfect" DVDs than my highend Plextor. Hopefully it keeps up the good work for some time to come. ;)