1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista bootup prob

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by garyanson, Oct 3, 2007.

1. garyanson

garyanson Member

i have been using vista ultimate for a bout a month with no problems with it booting up, i came to boot up today (after leaving pc for just over a week coz been on holiday) when it wouldnt boot up it came up with - disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter.

the only way i can get it to boot is by leaving the vista disk in my dvd drive and it will boot then no probs, anyone any ideas?

2. Enigma885

Enigma885 Member

Apparently u r having here a booting problem .May b u should try to boot up using ur Vista DVD ..and there's sth called "Repair PC" run it.
    The tool will make a quick scan for problems and display the scan results and about 90% it will work the problem out.

3. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

OK, stupid answer time.

Did you leave a floppy in the drive? (if you even have a floppy drive).

Maybe a USB stick?

The PC is definately reading a 'non-bootable' partition, which either means you left a floppy/thumb drive inthe machine or the bootstrap on the HDD is corrupt.

If this is not the case, then go ahead and try to repair the installation with the Vista DVD.

~Rich