1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista Compatibilty Softwares

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by nitrous3, Apr 9, 2007.

1. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

I would like to know if the following softwares' will work on Windows Vista Premium:

Limewire
    iTunes
    Google talk
    Firefox
    Aim 5.9
    Office 2000

i am about to upgrade them and just need to know if they will work. asap, thanks.

2. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

they all should be, if not please tell which one.

the only one that i think would not work would be office 2000 since vista has office 07 pre-loaded.

3. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

How much more compatible is Vista x86 (32 bit) Ultimatte or Premium compared to the 64 bit varity?

My current system is running Vista Ultimate x64 and is already running into issues with a lot of Adobe apps and especially my Creative Labs audio device and apps.

Is anybody here running any version of Vista with Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro (with break out box) and nVidia 7900 Graphics in SLI? Is SLI even supported on Vista or 64 bit for that matter?

4. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

I just installed Vista yesterday, and all of those seem to work regular, accept when you open limewire it'sit changes the setup colors to Vista Basic. Also I haven't tried Office yet. Anyways Vista didn't work with my router and I just am not ready for the change yet, so I am going back to XP Media Center 06'. My Vaio had the restore discs on a certain partion of the hard drive, and I forgot to burn them to discs, so I ordered new ones. Back in Xp around a week's time. Does anyone know if you can use Vista again on the same computer, once you remove it, with a restore?

5. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Again, is or has anybody installed an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro sound cars with remote and Creative Media Sorce Player 5 under any version of Vista at this time? Please give feedback if you can spare a moment.

Thankx!