1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista Connection

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by chinpark9, Dec 5, 2007.

1. chinpark9

chinpark9 Member

I am probably in the wrong area here, but am getting desperate. I built a new machine with an ASUS M2N-SLI deluxe motherboard and an AMD 6000+ chip with a geforce 7600GT graphics card, and 4 Gb of memory on a Vista Ultimate Operating SYstem.
    For a time all went well, but since last week, my internet connection has been makeshift, It connects to the internet for the first few minutes after bootup, and then drops off, without warning or error messages. All things look o.k, but it just does not connect. I have tried disconnecting the network, rebooting the modem etc. but the problem persists. Anyone out there with any suggestions? I would be most grateful.

2. philraz

philraz Regular member

do you loose conection to the whole network or just the internet ?

That would give us a starting point

3. chinpark9

chinpark9 Member

The connection to the internet disappears. However,as long as the modem and router are left on, I can still access the network. The ISP informs me that they have tested the cable, and found a power problem that they will attempt to fix, soon.
    The same thing happens to the rest of the network, but the time wasted is much less, as the rest are on XP Pro and Home. Only my machine is on this Vista, which, between you and me, I am starting to look at suspiciously.

4. philraz

philraz Regular member

Well good luck with you isp if the problem still persists look into some updated nic drivers

5. chinpark9

chinpark9 Member

Thank you Philraz, We shall see when they come round, eventually. But again, thanks for your input.