1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista doesnt see my 360!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dbldown11, Feb 27, 2007.

1. dbldown11

dbldown11 Member

Ok, I have reinstalled vista ULTIMATE over 3 times now to attempt to get this to work and every time i get the same results. I have a 360 that i would like to connect to my vista pc however I cannot seem to get this working. At this point im desperate. My setup is as follows: I have a fresh install of vista on my pc. I have turned off the windows firewall on the pc. I do not have any antivirus installed on my pc or windows one care. I run my pc into a router, a Dlink WBR-2310. I have my 360 connected to a game adapter wirelessly on my network. I have file sharing ON in vista, as well as media sharing. My network is set to private.

When i power on my 360, I do get a notification in the system tray about an extender being available. If i was to try and configure my extender i would receive an error. That error in the event logs shows a code of -209. I have also tried to connect my 360 directly to my router, so that both my pc and my 360 are hard wired. Same error. I have tried to connect my pc and my 360 directly to each other with a crossover cable, same problem.

One thing i did notice is that under the media sharing in vista, my 360 will not show up. Also, my 360 does not show up under network devices as well. However, I do have a laptop that runs MCE 2005 and everything connects fine to that system - wired, or wireless. I do see the 360 in the media sharing of my laptops MCE 2005.

So I asking for any help at all. This VISTA software is a nightmare. I cant understand why my 360 will not connect to my pc. Btw, I have also tried statically setting IP addresses as well dynamically using DHCP to set IP addresses, and nothing. My 360 is up to date with xbl updates as i play on xbl fairly often. The install of vista was done on a separate hard drive from where my XP installation is. The partition was formatted as PRIMARY and NTFS. I change which operating systems boots by the bios, but for the most part, the XP drive has been removed during these tests.

Someone else has to have experienced this problem.

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

Instead of installing the OS that is giving you problems over and over try installing a fresh copy of win xp. You can install it on a seperate partition leaving your vista copy alone and delete it after you flash, total time taken:around 20 min.