1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista Error code 0x80070241

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by MrSpots, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MrSpots

MrSpots Guest

as i was installing windows vista ultimate an error code popped up saying that cannot copy flies, the required files may be corrupted or missing so im wondering is there a way so that i can install windows vista? or is there a way to fix the error code

additional info: I am have windows xp sp2, 704 mb of RAM, 40 gig toshiba notebook, and if you need more info ask me

2. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

3. MrSpots

MrSpots Guest

i have searched google and many other people have the same problem.

also i had tried to install vista on my desktop and it meets the requirements to be installed but the same problem come up. the problem came during the copying files part, the error code pops-up at 49%
    also my windows vista is burned from an iso

any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2007
  4. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

are you booting the pc from the disk or opening the setup.exe file from your pc while already in.

I hate to say this too, but you said that you tried another desktop install with the same cd. As stupid as it sounds there might be an actual issue with the cd itself. Is it an original or copied cd?

5. lunarweb

lunarweb Member

error 0x80070241

number one the reason why you get this error is becuse your wim is corrupted on your image in order do fix this you must use a tool called vlite located at vlite.net this will fix your problem and rebuild your image this is a guaranty

6. soni233

soni233 Member