1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista/nero problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sporty67, Mar 6, 2007.

1. sporty67

sporty67 Guest

just got a new computer with windows vista and nero is not compatatible, it came with Roxio Creator & Mydvd 9.0, will this software work with dvd shrink?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Just a first in the long line of Vista compatability problems to come.

4. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Member

I bought a vista notebook a few weeks ago along with nero ulimate enhanced at best buy. I couldn't get it to work so I contacted nero. They said to download 7.7 and clean off the old 7.5 I had installed from the cd. I did and everything worked okay for a day then my notebook crashed and couldn't recover...
    I bought a xp pro notebook the next day and it hasn't crashed yet.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hehe, you probably don't want my opinion of vista. I think it SUCKS. I just bought a brand new notebook with vista and very little of my software was compatable. I reformated imediately with XP and all is well.

6. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Your the first person I know of that was able to reformat from a new computer with vista in it to xp, I wanted to buy a new computer but not with vista, everybody I ran into all told me you cant downgrade from vista to xp not with a new computer anyway, was gonna buy a new xp box and uninstall vista, all said it cant be done, not without major changes anyway, I wanted. I was asking about desktops you say yours is a laptop I dont know maybe a laptop works different, did you have problems doing it?

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Why wouldn't you be able to reformat and install XP? The hardware's the same for either operating system, just better with the new system.

8. FredBun

FredBun Active member

on the "thoughts on vista" thread we in lenght having this discussion, on there is a lot more info I have heard if true or not dont know yet thats what we are trying to figure out if the so called rumors are true.

9. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

FredBun,
    My Son got Vista Premium whenever he got the New Laptop. He did not like Vista so I had an extra copy of XP-Pro so I formatted and installed that on the Dell. We still have the Vista serial Number and the install disk that came from Dell and maybe he will use that OS one of these days but until the bugs get worked out he is not touching it. I even tried to get the son to let me setup the computer so it would dual-boot and he said no

10. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Wow, intersting, everywhere I have went and asked all kinds of computer people said it cant be done, at least desktops anyway cause thats what I always inquire about, unless laptops are different or all those so called experts dont know what they are talking about, I even called several computer repair shops which have nothing to do with sales say it cant be done, man this is all screwed up now, who does one believe, anyway I will not buy a new computer and maybe find out it cant be done till somehow I find out for sure.

11. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

FredBun,
    I want who ever told you that to explain to me why I have not had a problem re-formatting and re-install another OS on a new computer that was running Vista. Now I will admit that my son does not have the Dell factory partition( came w/ Vista) but that is not a big deal.

Take the drive out of the computer and slave it to another computer and format the HD or use KillDisk and X out the HD then re-format that and re-install the OS. That gets rid of Vista and now you can put XP on it.

Why don't you just dual-boot the computer w/ Vista and XP. Just use Partition Manager or similiar program and partition the HD for Vista and XP. When you turn the computer on it will ask you which system you want to use. Now you can Use XP and then Play around w/ Vista.

12. FredBun

FredBun Active member

carmike, hey sounds good to me, all this advise I got from this past day I will use it, because I will be seeing everybody that told me it cant be done, I will not stand bieng made a fool of or lied to or givin bad advise by people that are either experts or expert wanna be's, Ive seen to many of these so called computer experts who are so clickish just like doctors, lawyers and politicians and talk over you because they think everybody else is stupider, and if you people are right than some people will be embarassed.

I am free on saturday and will be revisiting quite a few people and will reply.

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I did have to remove the dell factory vista partition and also download the xp drivers for my laptop to my desktop and burn a xp driver cd so I could load the xp drivers. the vista drivers will not work with xp.

14. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Thank You everybody, I will print out all this info from this post and the other vista post and will take it to all the places that said it cant be done, cant wait to hear thier answers and see thier faces.

15. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

hehe, just reformat the OS partition (C:/) with XP, delete the dell factory vista recovery partition and load the XP drivers for whatever hardware you have (video card, wifi, modem, audio, etc). there was 12 drivers total for mine.