1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista not installing psp as mass storage? - Problem solved!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by 0sumone0, Apr 10, 2007.

1. 0sumone0

0sumone0 Member

I have recently just installed Windows Vista ultimate RTM. When i try to connect my psp via usb it tries to install "PSP TYPE A" and then asks to look online for a solution and can't find any and it never comes up in my computer my psp works fine on my brothers xp machine. As the vista is now my main computer i would rather use my psp here than on my brothers one. Also all my other flash drives and my ipod are seen as removable drives and this problem is just for my psp.

Any Help would be great!

2. 0sumone0

0sumone0 Member

Well i have found the answer to my problems after hours of google searching, thinking of how the xp drivers installed the psp and how the other vista people don't have the same problem, i eventually came up with a solution.

I am going to explain this now for all people who might have the same problem as i have, and i know it isn't easy to find help!
    Heres what to do:

go to C:\Windows\inf and copy everything there (ctrl-a then ctrl-c)
    then go to C:\ and make a new folder called usb driver or whatever doesn't really matter, and paste everything here.
    Next go to you device manager by right clicking computer, select properties, and on the left bar select device manager
    then right click "PSP Type A" and select update driver software and select to choose the location manually and select the folder you previously created
    then it will search and instal the drivers, but wait it doesn't finish there there are another 2-4 unknown devices that need to be installed but all you have to for them is direct them to the same folder and let them install.
    Once all this is done you can now finally access your psp through Vista.

I hope this helps people as i was unable to find much help and had to come to this conclusion through hours of googling and pondering. Hope i could help at least 1 person.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  3. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

This was already solved. You weren't the first to post this.

4. 0sumone0

0sumone0 Member

Sorry for re-posting if this had already been solved but after searching for hours all i could come up with is that damn vista portal on the psp nothing to do with the psp not actually being installed or recognised. Once again sorry if it had been solved didn't want to take glory for sumone else's work just wanted help.

5. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

Don't worry it's ok. I was just saying you weren't the first one that solved this, that's all.