1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista?? or XP?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by DVDdunce9, Mar 3, 2007.

1. DVDdunce9

DVDdunce9 Member

i am currently thinking of buying a new computer and wondered if i should get the brand new vista OS. is it worth it? i like to play a couple of games every once in a while and heard a couple of things about how bad vista is with games. Should i get an XP?? or Vista?

If i had to get an XP where should i go to get it since every place i check out is selling the new Vista operating systems??????

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

How hard is it to look around in this forum and see how many other people asked similar questions ?

Notice they even got answers, so maybe, and do tell me if i'm out on a limb with wild ideas here, but maybe one of those answers might work for you as well...

3. DVDdunce9

DVDdunce9 Member

sheesh man...... just wanted some help. i did read the rest of the forums...which didnt help me very much at all because all the people who had vista computers liked them very much...and all the people who didnt have one said they are sticking to linux and crap like that....soooooo

lemme rephrase my question then.....

where can i go to get an XP since every place i check out is selling the new Vista operating systems??????

hows that for ya bub??

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

The same places you found to have "only Vista" will have systems with XP, just ask.
    i take it we are talking about proper stores, not cr@p like bestbuy and other major chains ?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

DVDdunce9, not all people who bought a computer with vista on it like vista. i think dvdback23 bought a laptop with vista on it & ended up blowing the hd out to put xp on it.

6. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Did he ?
    I'll have to go and console the poor guy, AFTER i ridicule him... :)

7. AXT

AXT Guest

It's true that games will run a little faster on windows XP systems. This is due to the fact that vista requires more resources slowing down intensive apps like games and also that the major video card manufactures have not released very good drivers for the new OS. If you want to buy a computer with xp then just buy it online from sites like tigerdirect.com and newegg.com.

8. DVDdunce9

DVDdunce9 Member

Thanks AXT for answering my question..... i was waiting for one for quite a while....

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

AXT, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.