1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista resolution problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by krj15489, Feb 15, 2007.

1. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i downloaded vista ultimate because i wanted to see what vista is realy like because everyone here says its crap. well so far im having a hard time with it, my resolution is at 640 by 480 and color is at 16 bit. i have a 20in hdtv as my monitor and am capable of very high resolutions so if anyone can help me that would be great. i just want to be able to actualy test vista for myself.

2. AXT

AXT Guest

Is your graphics card capable of displaying high resolutions. Some older card will be able to display windows aero, but they will not be able to display high resolutions with vista. A friend of mine had this problem, he had an old geforce 5 series which displayed aero, but could not support the max resolution of his widescreen monitor. Just make sure you have a capable graphics card and the right drivers. Oh and don't listen to what people a saying about vista being crap, with a little work it could be very well be the best MS OS ever. Although it does not have much support right now in terms of freeware and other programs just give it some time. Those people who say it's bad have either never used it or have no technical know-how to get the best out of this OS. After all it is a sophisticated computer program and like all programs it has bugs you can't really do anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  3. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i have on board video card and i use 1280 by something and it is just fine. i know that my card will not support aero, this computer is a few years old. i am also having a hard time finding drivers. there is nothing on the dell website to help and i have done some google searches and have had no luck finding anything that works. and i will try to judge vista for myself and not listen to other people