1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista spyware

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by krkm120, Feb 20, 2007.

1. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

is there alot of spyware in vista? there is in xp @ least xoftspy said microsoft view point was spyware

P.S. i switched to avg anti spyware if that was spyware xoftspy found will avg find it to?

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

To be perfectly honest with you. Most of the computer guru's I know are staying with XP. Vista is a very vulnerable OS regardless of what Microsoft says. They even have the firewall set up backwards and it is very difficult to make changes to the firewall. Trust me when I say that if you are not a system guru then you will be open for destruction.

Another thing to keep in mind is that most of the viruses are going to be directed at Vista. Those of us with XP should have fewer and fewer problems. The key to the game is to wait at least a year and then check to see if the OS has been updated and has fixes for all of the problems. Most likely it will not, but their is always that chance that it will.

AVG is a great AV program. I personally believe that it blows the doors off of McAfee and Norton. Avast is another good AV program and the best part is that you can get them for home users for FREE!!

3. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

for AV i have kaspersky i am a system guru i also am sticking with xp but i was just courious about vista

thank you for your input