1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista Ultimate vs Seagate SATA II

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by cruentus, May 24, 2007.

1. cruentus

cruentus Guest

Ok... I have a Seagate SATA II, 250GB hdd and I'm working to install Vista Ultimate on it. A clean install. The problem is, the Vista disk can't seem to see the SATA drive. I did this the other day with my IDE hdd installed as well, and ran into other troubles... It seems to have installed my bootmgr on the IDE while installing everything else on the SATA (correct me if I'm wrong). Basically, what I get is, I can't boot without the disk (I get a totally black screen with no cursor or anything else). If I have the disk in the drive, it boots fine unless I have the IDE disconnected. Then it gives me a black screen with a cursor. If I try to install on the SATA without the IDE being connected, I get nothing at all. Vista doesn't seem to recognize the SATA at all. I'm looking for the drivers for my hdd but can't seem to find them. And I don't even know if that will fix the problem, so... I come to you guys hoping for some assistance.

BTW. In my device manager, everything is fine except under Other Devices. It shows, with yellow flags, Multimedia Audio Controller (which I know how to deal with) and Unknown Device. But under Storage Controllers, all I have is my Microsoft iSCSI Initiator. It doesn't seem to see my SATA controller at all...

Any ideas? I want to get this fixed so I can install Vista and have it work right (at least boot right!)...

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

make sure that sata is enabled in your bios menus, this could be the solution to your problem.