1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista upgrade

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Boston84, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

If i upgrade my os to vista will my xbox programs i use still work. Like xbox backup creater, imgburn, any other program?

2. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

run vista update advisor and find out.

3. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

I just read an article on Vista, and would be wary of putting it on my computer. The Toronto Star has an article about this , check it out. With Vista Microsoft can log on to your computer, delete files, block downloads of music, movies, and delete files that it considers to be a threat, even if by removing these files your computer wont work.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Vista, no way... that thing is loaded with drm and is a resource hog. Do a search and read some articles about it if you haven't already.

Ya, it looks nice, but I'm sticking with XP for quite awhile.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but just trying to help some.

5. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

will vista ever get rid of those Drm?

6. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

7. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Ya by the sounds of it im going to stick with my XP. Microsoft will get me into trouble. :)

8. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

yeah im not getting this vista upgrade....kinda kills the point of having a personal computer...cant put everythigny uo want on it...microsoft dumb idea..

9. ErrorCode

ErrorCode Member

the only problem i have had with vista so far is my virtual drive cd emulator isnt compatible... everything else i run works great... and the software dx10 is awsome for games! as far as xbox connictivity i havent had any problems, xbox or for the 360

10. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

instead of getting vista why not get the theme for it?...and just try the programs after you upgrade and if they dont work then i dont think you can go back to xp..they prolly will though..

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  11. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

have fun

because the next version of adobe flash player is vista only compatible you have to upgrade
    you have no choice

12. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Partition your Hard Drive and install Vista on the new area then you can dual boot to either one.

13. xbox_ian

xbox_ian Guest

I have had Vista installed on my home PC for a few months now... Started with Beta version... then release candidate 1, then release candidate 2, as and when microsft sent it in my subscription pack!

I have only just installed the relese version of ultimate Vista and its pretty good!!! looks nice at least!

All the functionality seems to be there from XP, and I have been running all my xbox backup software on there since RC1 with no problems at all!!

Only thing I didnt trust it to do was to boot to Vista when I was flashing my xbox drive firmware! - I'm not that confident in it!

The media centre extender in the 360 is also good to let you view all your music and videos etc.. on your TV!!!

Although... make sure you run the upgrade advisor first, as I run an IT support company and we have had 7 callouts this week from people who have been out and bought vista and then installed it and their computers have ground to a halt... with a windows experience rating or 1 or less!!!