1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista/windows xp

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cfh107, Nov 16, 2007.

1. cfh107

cfh107 Member

I had windows xp Now I have vista.What program will work like dvdshrink with vist? I read that nero 7 will but will what program will work with nero 8? It is a little bit confusing to me .I have never had a problem with burning until vista came out.With my windows xp everything worked just fine!!!!!

2. ptmd

ptmd Guest

DVDFAB HD Decryptor -> DVDShrink -> ImgBurn

Those are the proggies i use on both winXP and Vista

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you have the full version of Nero 8, you should have Recode. That's DVD Shrink's twin, other than some minor interface differences. So, use whatever decryption software you've been using, or should have been, open the processed source files in Recode and it transcodes and burns the output. DVDFab HD Decrypter is a good freeware decryption program and updated for Vista same as DVDFab Platinum. http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm
    AnyDVD is a good option because it runs in the background and allows use of Recode as though a factory DVD doesn't have copy protection. I have both.

A word of caution: The Nero 8 burning rom set to burn automatically with Shrink has been causing disc errors on standalone PCs. Burning Shrink output manually with Express works.

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

^Ditto^

No problems.

5. soup1

soup1 Member

If you are talking about autoburning from Dvd Shrink with Nero, Nero 7 will work just fine. I would not go anywhere near Nero 8 just yet. Having said that though, I agree with the above mentioned ImgBurn, which I use, but I burn manually from either a VIDEO_TS file using ImgBurn in Build Mode or an ISO image file using ImgBurn in ISO Write Mode.

EDIT: BTW I should have said NERO 7 updated all the way.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It's been noted several places around the forum that there is a problem with using the Nero 8 burning rom to auto burn with Shrink. In fact I mentioned it in the post above. Glad you agree. There's a few bugs in Nero 8, but that's old school for Nero. They're often updating or upgrading to change or repair something. Which version of Nero depends on the wants and needs a person has at the time. 6 doesn't support some technology incorporated into 7 and 8 has new tech over 7. It's a normal progression. I don't think I'll write off Nero 8 because it won't autoburn with Shrink. The reason I'm holding off a more permanent install is because I've been burned with previous versions of Nero. I like to give it a little time to stabilize. I alread own it, so I'll probably move on not too long from now. I've already done a temp installation to see how it looked and handled. I like the new interface and there's new recording features.

Sounds like you haven't installed the modified exe for Shrink. Install that and ImgBurn is supported. The directions are bigger than doing it. You simply copy the small exe and paste it into the Shrink program folder. When asked if you want to replace the original you check yes. Job done and you have ImgBurn supported the same as VSO's CopyToDVD and Nero.

7. soup1

soup1 Member

Sorry I should have been more specific, I choose to burn manually. I actually have both Dvd Shrinks, the one that will burn with Dvd Decrypter & the one that will burn with ImgBurn. The reason I talk about holding off on Nero 8 is exactly the same as you, I don't really care whether Nero burns automatically with Dvd Shrink because of what I stated above.