1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visual Basic PocketPC Chart Programming

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by iamrobot, Feb 21, 2008.

1. iamrobot

iamrobot Member

Hi!

I was wondering if you could help me!

I am using Visual Basic 2005 and I am trying to come up with a way to display a graph with data stored on the PDA device (data input by the user).

I located software called ChartDirector 4.1. This is really good software and easy to use but unfortunately it only works on standard windows applications and not on mobile devices.

see this link

I was wondering if there was a similar application available or a code I could use as a template for use on mobile devices such as Pocket Pcs or PDAs.

If it is possible I am looking for a line graph with curved lines (I belive the technical name is an XY Spline Line Chart)

If you need more information let me know.

Thanks!

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I havent written any code for a few years since my Visual classes, but would your process be easier if you synched the PDA with computer, then user information is in excel format and write your Basic script within that? I often use a PDA for numerical data collection with DATAGET software (hardware interface) and with a simple synch all the numbers are thrown in a spreadsheet.
    Am I totally missing your objective? If I am out of the loop software wise, let me know.