1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

visual basic

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by steve120, Feb 20, 2007.

1. steve120

steve120 Member

i have recently bought windows visual basic 6.0 i am a complete newb at programming i need some help at starting out. so if anyone can help me send me a message and we can talk.

thanks to all who can help

2. ZebUK

ZebUK Member

I started programming about 27 years ago when I was 7 and didn't have a computer. I'd get books out from the library and write programs on pieces of paper. When I finally had my own real computer (Commodore 64) I was in heaven.

I carried on borrowing books but now I could write them much easier and even test them out. Now the internet is here you have access to much more material to help you get started than I ever did. There are forums aimed at VB you can join for free where you can post questions and get answers. Borrowing a decent book or even buying one I still wouldn't rule out. It all depends on how serious you are of learning VB. Give the forums a go and if you still feel enthusiastic a few weeks/months later then a decent book wouldn't go amiss even if it/they're just small pocket reference books.

I only own two programming books - one for MySQL and a small reference book for CSS and both are actually for web design.

I'd love to be able to recommend a good forum for VB but not having got serious enough into it I no longer have any bookmarks but I'm sure someone can help with a couple.

3. steve120

steve120 Member

well thanks, i have written 3 programe already one it the basic hello world, a another is a basic adding calculator, and the last on is you ask the program a gustion in a text box and it gives you an answer of no. lol

4. steve120

steve120 Member

i need a code for visual basic 6 that turns of your computer

5. ZebUK

ZebUK Member

What do you mean by a code?

6. steve120

steve120 Member

you know code like

private sub command1()

msgbox "hello"

end sub