1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vizio 42" HD 1080p- do you know anything about this TV?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by crenshaw9, Feb 8, 2008.

1. crenshaw9

crenshaw9 Guest

I'm in the market for a new LCD TV and I heard that Vizio was a popular brand. Someone said it's now the #1 in the US? That surprised me, b/c I'd only heard of them recently with their LaDainian Tomlinson commercials!

Anyway I went to Costco and was checking out the 42" Vizio. It looks to be good quality and costs so much less than a Sony or Samsung of the same size! What do you all think of this TV? Is it good quality? Is it a good value for my money? I don't need the best of the best but I do expect to get a good quality TV.

Thanks!

2. david66

david66 Regular member

I hve the Vizio 42' lcd tv and i get a outstanding HD picture the quality of standard def will depend on the source material some cable systems provide poor quality and it will be noticed easly dvds will give you a good picture quality remember to get HD you need HD service from your cable or satellite provider I have had mine for 4months and i had no problems

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Almost everything David66 said is right on, except you can get HD over the air with an inexpensive antenna for all local stations broadcasting in HD which should be all by next year. But you are better off with Cable or satellite for the HD non-broadcast channels. I've heard nothing bad about the Vizios. One thing I have heard about the Chinese made sets that their electronic parts are failing at a faster rate and are hard to get for repairs-source from a TV service man.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008