1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vlc-0.8.6a-win32

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by btb601, Mar 4, 2007.

1. btb601

btb601 Member

Anyone ever use this? I am not sure if I am in the right forum, but this program opens up almost everthing. The problem is it can lockup the Explorer when trying to access the video file. I get a message that it is being shut down and does it often. I am running MS XP Pro with SP2. Any ideas?? thanks

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

That's the latest version. I am using version 0.8.6 (no 'a') and it never does what you describe on my system, XP Pro SP2 with all patches and updates. VLC does sometimes just bomb out, but that is usually when I am trying to view a very damaged wmv or avi. if the file is complete and not faulty in any way, it usually works just fine.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  3. btb601

btb601 Member

Thanks for the reply. I am just wondering maybe if a virus or Trojan be hidden in the media its trying to read. It only happens on some d/l media files that I end up deleting. I can override the pop box that says window is shutting it down and play the file. But I don't see any reason to play with fire and just delete it.