1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VLC plays audio but all white video. Help!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by fuel_f2f, Apr 13, 2008.

1. fuel_f2f

fuel_f2f Regular member

So yea, nothing changed, no new codecs, no new nothing, didn't even upgrade VLC. One day it just started playing audio from files with a big, blank, white screen.

I have no clue what happened. I uninstalled and reinstalled, did the same with my codecs. Got rid of some codecs. Nothing works. Gom plays choppy and the sound doesn't sync. Media Player classic plays the video and audio well but out of sync. And all other media players I've tried downright s#cks.

I've heard of the "white screen" affect with some updates and Vista. But I'm runnin my same ol XP Home SP2. Nothing has really changed and it just doesn't want to play the files now. Anyone know whats going on or if theres some settings that might have gotten out of whack that I should check? I'm at a loss for words...

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. fuel_f2f

fuel_f2f Regular member

Wow... just like that, and its perfect. VLC plays the video, no frame lag, no white screen and the sound is in beautiful sync. What would cause the Hardware accelerator to mess things up like this all of a sudden?

Maybe its due to my XP install being like year or more old and I had a few bad spyware incidents. I'm well overdue for a format.

Thanks for the quick and perfect answer. Appreciate it!

4. attar

attar Senior member

Okey-dokey.