1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VLC

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by swl, Oct 30, 2010.

1. swl

swl Member

Ive downloaded the VLC app for my iphone (3gs ios4). I managed to put a movie on there but its saying my phone is too slow to play it. It plays sound but not the video.

Any ideas?

2. scoobx981

scoobx981 Member

what type of video are you trying to play, meaning what's the codec used (divx,xvid,etc) the container (.avi,.mp4, etc) and the resolution? You can find this out by downloading either videoinpsector, gspot, or mediainfo. Open your video file with one of the programs and check the codec used and make sure it's compatible with the VLC app. Then check your resolution, you'll see something like 1280x544 at this resolution it's probably in a mkv container and it will not work on iphone/vlc or even if it's somethingx720 or somethingx1080 the iphone/vlc can't process that high resolution either. should be somewhere around 644xsomething or 720xsomething. Consider yourself lucky though to have VLC, apple removed that app.