1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB Cutting

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by slickster, Nov 8, 2002.

1. slickster

slickster Member

Hi.

I have this DVD dir which is a little too big. I'm over by about 15mb. So is it possible to delete perhaps the credits at the end of the last VOB? Or is this kind of cutting within a vob impossible?

Thanks

2. framerman

framerman Regular member

I'm not sure you can cut out just part of the VOB. Have you tried stripping out the languages in IFOedit. That'll easily get you there. If you have you might need to reencode your VOB. Demux your file, send it over to TMPGEnc, and reencode it to a lower bitrate, just enough to get your file size you need. Then remux it back to VOB and voila.

3. framerman

framerman Regular member

my bad. I think you can delete some of the information in a VOB. If you use VOBrator, you can edit out the ID's and cells to what you want. Please look deeper into it because I have never done it. Check out doom's webside for VOBrator and info. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-basic.htm

click on 2. analyze the structure of the DVD to find out about VOBrator

4. the_head

the_head Member

i use chopperXp to cut the credits.

the dvd will play ok but when it reaches the bit where you cut the dvd player might freeze.