1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vob editor which outputs vob file

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by soban, Mar 13, 2004.

1. soban

soban Member

My real problem is that i downloaded a dvd which was incomplete but the video files are complete. now the video files are of 5.0 Gigs and to be able to fit them on a dvd i need to edit some parts of it and get rid of the secondary audio subtitles and other extra stuff. now the way i understand ifo edit just blocks the stuff but not erase it out of the movie. so i have to edit the vob files. dvd2vcr gives the out put in mpeg and when i put it back into the other files it doesnot play it. so here is the bottom line question.

one more thing the dvd shrink wouldnt open the dvd for me it gives me error which says that i need a file vts_2_0.ifo file. this file belongs to exras on the second dvd and i dont have it.

can i get a program that actually delets the secondary audio and subtitles from a vob file( and will it decrease the vob file size? i think it should). or there is a way to fit a 5gigs into 4.7 dvd.

its a very rare dvd and u dont get it from any place and i dont wanna lose it now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Take the main movie VOBs & title set IFO ... then run them thru DVD2One (that works) !;-)

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

If you have Nero 6 you can use Nero Vision Express. Under Make DVD, you can stack any .VOB's in any order you like. You can add chapter stops etc. If you don't want the menu that it seems to create and need to shrink to fit, save to the HD then open in Recode 2 and just pull the newly created main Title (Movie Only) and burn.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  4. soban

soban Member

hi

thanks for the answers. dvd2one seems to work but the program is to expensive for me to buy. but i do have nero and which came along the dvdrw drive. how can i use program to delete the secondary audio file?

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well if your files didn't open in Shrink they probably won't open in Nero Recode (it's shrinker) either. And using Nero Vision Express will only give you a choice of 2 channel LPCM (a large file) or Dolby 2 audio. No 5.1 I'm afraid.

6. forkman

forkman Member

right if you have got the Vob files try this get Ifoedit from here http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/ifoedit.cfm .
    Put the Vob files into a folder without anything else open Ifoedit and click on creat ifo.
    Point to the first vob file and tell it to create the files in the same folder and let it run,it takes about 10 minutes and you should have something you can burn with Nero,it will put a chapter at the begining of every Vob.
    I've only used it once but it rescued a Dvd which was nackered.
    You don't get the extras but if its a rare film at least you get to keep it.
    They do warn you that its a bit twitchy with XP but i had no problem just using it for what i've just explained.
    hope this is what you'r looking for.