1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.VOB files, Basic Help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MadMakZ, Feb 17, 2005.

1. MadMakZ

MadMakZ Member

Hi, i have downloaded a DVD-R movie (First time) and i have Mac OS X. When i unpacked the movie a .img file appeared when i opened it there were two folders Video_TS and Audio_TS The audio_TS folder was empty. The Video_TS folder had a couple of files in .VOB and some others (.BUP and . IFO) and i just wonder how to make it a movie so that i can watch, do i have to burn it to a DVD cd or can i watch it from the hardrive? I have acces to DVD studio pro if that helps? ive read something about encoding, what does that mean? I just need, basic help so that i can watch the darn movie:D [bold]Thanks[/bold] / Max

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Seeing how the movie is an .img file you can just burn it onto a DVD with any burning software. Just select burn image. Or you can copy the files in the VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive and watch them through your DVD playing sofware. Either way you wish to do it will work. There is no need to encode this movie as someone has more than likely done that seeing how it is already an image file. Removing the encryption is when we are talking about backing up original DVD movies.

3. MadMakZ

MadMakZ Member

Thaaaaaaaanks! that helped so much!:D