1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.VOB files don't have audio.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Alhuin, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Alhuin

Alhuin Member

For two days now I have been pulling my hiar out as to how I burn files to a DVD to view in my DVD player. I finally found a guide (from here actually) that guided me through the process of converting .avi files to DVD compatible. The next thing it said to do was use IFOedit to convert the mpeg2 into .vob files. I did so... and got everything right... what with the VIDEO_TS folder and stuff. But the .vob files do not have sound. I have a total of 5 files (two .bup, two .ifo, and one .vob). I use Sonic MyDVD to burn DVDs. I tried just burning the .vob files... but they wouldnt work in my DVD player (something about "check the region") and when I played it on my computer it still had no sound. Is there something else I have to do in order to get the sound to work?

When I encoded the .avi files, I put the putput path as seperate video and audio files... and the audio files work. So if the .vob file is supposed to have audio...it's messing up during the IFOedit authoring.

Thanks for any help...

2. Alhuin

Alhuin Member

sorry... meant to post this in the "DVD Authoring" thread... computer messed up while I was clicking on the link...

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

First of all, if you have all the necessary codecs, then some programs (e.g. DVDSanta, Nero) may be able to work with the .avis directly, and there's no need for converting them.
    Secondly, if you have the video_ts folder with all the files in it, try play the video_ts.ifo file with your media player. If you get sound and picture, then everything is o.k..
    Then with Nero:
    Run Nero StartSmart, highlight 'dvd', then 'copy entire dvd video', then 'import dvd', then go to the video_ts folder, double click it, and bingo.
    Good luck!

4. Alhuin

Alhuin Member

I actually got everything to work. I dont know... I guess something messed up when I encoded them with IFOedit. But I use Sonic MyDVD... and so when I put an .avi file on there, it takes up over 1 gig of space.... and the file is only 173 MB big! So I dont know why that it is. Thanks for the help though. I do have another question... Once I burned the DVD (I burned the anime Bleach) the subtitles got cut off. I didn't physically do the subtitles; they were already on there. so, is there some way I can fix that?

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I have Sonic MyDVD but have never used it. So can't help you there. May be you should try Decrypter or Nero?