1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB files..please help!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by krikle, Jan 25, 2007.

1. krikle

krikle Member

Hi all.. I'm trying to burn files from my computer on a DVD+R that will work in my DVD player. I've been trying to do this for SO long. I've tried several types of software..with no success. Okay.. so I converted the AVI files to DVD using WinAVI which worked out well. The quality is really good. I don't like the burning engine in the program though and it didn't work before when I used it so I just used the program to convert only. So.. after the files were converted, I tried using DVD shrink to burn.. that worked..but the disc won't play in my DVD player. I tried it again..and it worked.. but the audio and video isn't in sync with each other. The audio play is normal..but the video is sped up like on fast forward or something. I tried NERO vision ( I HATE NERO!) .. but the damn thing takes WAY too long. I mean, the videos are already encoded to the right format..but nero feels the need to transcode everything and recode..and it takes too long and the quality isn't as good.. and half the time it don't work anyway. I tried VSO software ConvertXtoDVD. That worked fo rme in the past ONCE. I tried it a couple times after with different files and the quality is choppy even before I burned. The files I have are in good quality after being converted by WinAVI..I just need something to burn them with. Preferably something where I could make menu's too. I want something where i could just simply drop the VOB files into the program and burn..and get it to actually work ina DVD player..where the audio and video is in sync..and it plays like its' supposed. What to use? I've tried alot of stuff... thanks..please reply.

2. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

convert the files to vob with win-avi open nero startsmart choose burn DVD videofiles select the files and there you go

hope that helps

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  3. krikle

krikle Member

As I already stated .. I did all that. But when you go into Nero, it starts to transcode and recode and all of that... and it takes forever. I already had the files converted from AVI to DVD format.. so why do I have to go through all this crap with Nero? Is there any program where I can just drop the VOB files in and simply burn to a DVD? Besides that.. just about everytime I try to use Nero.. it gets so far through and I get transcoding errors or something. I hate Nero. WinAVI does a nice job with the quality.. but after I burn it. The first video plays fine in my DVD player..but after the first video file..all the rest are sped up.. like on fast forward while the audio is normal. It's not in sync with each other. I dunno what it is because.. I played them on computer after they were converted and they played perfet. But in he dvd player, everything accept the first one plays too fast. I burned at half the speed of the discs, 8X and I had nothing running or opened while I did the burn. It's not the program because I dropped the VIDEO_TS folder into DVD shrink ad that burned fine.. but the same thing happened. Audio and video was way out of sync with each other. I'm just going to try starting from scratch converting the AVI files again. Any suggestions on what to use, other than Nero?? Something wehre I could convvert and burn right after in the same program? Where I could maybe have menus and also..have the DVD play right
    ??? Thanks everyone..

4. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

roxio is ok for buring i have not used that for years tho and i dont think its free
    dvdsanta works and it's free

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  5. Zapattack

Zapattack Member

Transcoding is done by NeroVision. You should be using Nero Express/Video/DVD-Video to burn your VOB files.

6. krikle

krikle Member

WHen you open Nero Express and go to video and all that..add your files..it goes through the same thing..opens nero vision..transcodes everything. It's the same thing. Nero express is just like a shortcut to all the nero apps. Anyway.. I've gone back to the VSO software..converted with ConvertXtoDVD .. then I dropped the VIDEO_TS folder into Sonic's RecordNow as a data disc. It worked PERFECT. I dunno why..but last time VSO quality wasn't good. Maybe I was trying to fit too much on. But VSO + Sonic recordnow worked perfect. And it was simple. Thanks anyway guys.