1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB files to DVD-Video

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by HugoQc, Jun 26, 2003.

1. HugoQc

HugoQc Guest

Hi everyone,

I have done so much reading in guides, forums and other sources of information on DVD burning over that last few weeks that my brain is about to ooze out of my ears... but some things, although they might be obvious to some, escape me.. here is my problem:

Using Smartripper, I backed up a couple titles from a couple of DVDs, the total amount of data being under the 4.7GB (or 4.39 in real GBs). One title has 4 .VOB files and the other has 1 VOB.

My question is, since these files are, to my understanding, already in DVD compliant format (extracted from a working DVD!), they shouldnt need to be re-encoded in order to be burned to a compliant DVD-Video. I understand they might need to be renamed and the IFO file will probably have to change...

My ultimate goal here is to burn a DVD with both these titles on it, with a working menu without having to re-encode the video and audio stream. Additionnaly, but not necessary, I would like to keep the chapters split where they were originally in the file and keep the different audio streams (english - french - commentary) included on the original file...

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

The limit for burning these files with Nero is 4.38Gb so you need to shrink them slightly (try DVD Shrink). By all means try burning them anyway but I know Nero is strict on file size. Having said that they should burn in the order you ripped them without any problems.

3. HugoQc

HugoQc Guest

Thanks but size was not really an issue here since all files combined were well UNDER the size limit, but I was just using the worng tools for the job I guess, I managed to solve my problem using different software.

Thanks anyways

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It is best to just extract all the VOB's from different folders (if they are in different folders) and use TMPGEnc DVD Author to create the the DVD compliant files for you. For the sake of 20mins, you can be sure it will work!

Chris

5. HugoQc

HugoQc Guest

Thanks Chris...

Another problem I was having was one video file was 16:9 format and the other was 4:3, and I couldnt find a sotware to create more than 1 title set on a single DVD... does TMPGEnc DVD support that?

6. easydisk

easydisk Guest

hugo, would 'spruce-up be able to do that?
    make menu, to x films, both out put as 4.3, correct the widescreen one with ifoedit????
    you know what its like,................sat here, all alone, bottle of wine etc etc
    might work though