1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB files too large

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by midk2k3, Feb 28, 2004.

1. drchips

drchips Active member

Nope.

Your original rip did not include them correctly (they don't show on your file listing).

Menus are normally in the VTS_01_0.VOB file, and you didn't have xxxxx_0.VOB file in your original list.

Sorry...

2. midk2k3

midk2k3 Guest

no biggy. That means i get to try my hand at my own menu! this'll be great!! :) thanks again everyone, looks like in about 25m it will be ready to burn. hopefully next time I'll try DVD X Copy and hit a single button to have a duplicate, as opposed to creating the longest thread in afterdawn.com history. Or maybe second longest. Either way. :D

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Since you already installed Nero, after you hit "Backup" (I go into "My Computer" first and create a folder where I put the backup (temp) files. Ya know, just in case I want to make another DVD in a week),
    If you have a system like mine, I tell it which burner to use and I go have coffee - cause you
    re all done :D

4. midk2k3

midk2k3 Guest

Actually that sounds like a good idea. And I thought I'd never agree with you. :) lol!

5. drchips

drchips Active member

AAAARRGHHHH!!!

Quick Pete, shoot him...

He spoke the name of the "forbidden program"

6. midk2k3

midk2k3 Guest

I mean, of course I'll use DVDShrink! :)

7. drchips

drchips Active member

Bloody good thing too...

Would hate to have to kill you after all that work ;)

8. midk2k3

midk2k3 Guest

Yes, how fun was that?! And I could have just copied it to TWO DVD-R's! All that work or an extra 80 cents?

9. drchips

drchips Active member

No!!

All that work so you could LEARN.

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Ohhh, God, I'm going to cry)

Don't use XCopy, after all this work, what you just saw, Shrink doing it's analyzing and what it's doing now is what happens when you load in a new DVD and select "Open Disc" instead of "Open Files".

It's only slightly longer than XCopy, measured in small minutes and no warning, no encryption and, like that - read the guide I sent you - you'll swear off XCopy -

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Really, He does that again I'll get out of my wheelchair and strangle him -

12. midk2k3

midk2k3 Guest

Actually, I think i will forget about Xcopy then.

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Good boy, we might let you live yet :p

14. drchips

drchips Active member

Strangling is too good for people who use DVD $ *(^%

15. drchips

drchips Active member

Righty-ho,

we all done here, me gone (sleepy).

See ya later.

Byeeee....

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Again "Doc" thanks Buddy, - midk2k3, really there Good Guy, there's nothing else we can do, you're finished -

Like the Doc said, if you find a DVD that Shrink can't break, use Decrypter first, then open it in Shrink using "Open Files" and you're good to go -

One of the best backup packages going, silly that DVDShrink is Free, Huh ?

Ooohhh yea, one last thing -

Now it's your turn, stop back when you're free and help someone else - they'll appreciate it and it will make you feel better :)

You can then Welcome them into the Club :D

Goin' ta Beddie Bye, Nite ya'all,

Pete

17. midk2k3

midk2k3 Guest

Thanks all!

by the way, Shrink set the compression to 68% or so I believe. does this make it look a lot worse on TV or barely noticeable? In between? 68% of the picture you'd get off the actual dvd? ...?

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You'll never see the difference :))

When you do the next one, get rid of the extra languages, etc and you can lessen the compression on the movie -

Also, click on "Menus" and then change compression from automatic to Custom Ratio, slide the bar all the way to the left - do the same with "extras" THEN you'll have even less compression still -

When you get good, click re-author, and slide just the movie over under "DVD" and it will lessen compression a ton(you will lose your Menus if you do that BUT, your movie will be fantastic !!) ask yourself, did you really want the extras ?? If the answer is yes, stay away from re-author -)

See ya later,

Pete

19. midk2k3

midk2k3 Guest

Nice to see you, Pete! :)

I did end up getting it onto a DVD+RW, which didn't work on my set-top, but apparently DVD-Rs do, so that's where I'm headed. In the meantime, I got it to work on my PC. Looked quite jumpy. After all this I think I'm just gonna put it on 2 disks to keep the quality. But thanks! For normal, non-2.5-hour movies, I'll just have Shrink decide (probably a lot less compression) and burn it (most movies are a lot less than 2.5h -- I bet you knew that! :) ).

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You are correct, RW's are for practice burns, you need single write media to play in standalones :D

Me going ta play wid somebody else tonight, ya killed de poor ScubaPete last night - Lol

Glad ya finally got it - you'll be fine -

again, not only did you get welcomed into the Club - But we posted so many messages that you got booted to a Jr. Member -(that means you did 100 posts) Congrats -

Way to go - in just one night -

See ya 'round -:p

Pete