1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB files

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by BB89, Jan 2, 2008.

1. BB89

BB89 Member

I ripped a DVD of a TV series to my computer with the intention of converting the episodes into individual divx files. However, the .vob files either contain part of an episode or an episode with more of another episode - basically each episode is not contained in one .vob file each. It's all a bit mangled. This is the first time I've tried to do this, so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that or if it's just this particular DVD. Is there anyway to get the episodes in individual files?

2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Are you trying to burn individual files to individual discs?

What process are you using to back it up?

3. Suba

Suba Regular member

What you see is quite normal. VOB files are usualy 1GB size and the last one is whatever is left over.
    Only way to do what you want is to use other software to cut individual episodes out.
    I am sure someone will come up with free one, but I suggest TMPGEnc Xpress or Mpeg Video Wizard DVD. Xpress will encode to DivX format.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  4. tbone2007

tbone2007 Member

I am not sure if this helps but when I want to put a single episode of a tv show on my psp I use decrypter in IFO mode with stream processing. I also set it to no file splitting in IFO mode so I get the full episode. It puts the whole episode om one .vob file