1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vob ripping and authoring help please

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mutley365, Nov 23, 2002.

1. mutley365

mutley365 Guest

I have a few music dvd`s that i want to rip only certain videos from, and then import them into an authoring program, where i can make my own menue`s etc.

i have tried importing them into DVD maestro, DVDit, Ulead DVD factory, but none recognise the vob`s.

Do i need to do anything to them first before they can be recognised??

Please help

2. luigi2000

luigi2000 Member

Demultiplex the VOB files with vobedit. Break the streams on VOB-IDs. Each filename will have a numbered prefix. PowerDVD can play the video. This leaves the mpeg-2 stream (M2V), one or more audio streams (AC3) and possibly a caption stream (SUP) for each section (cell).

3. davidgoob

davidgoob Guest

Mutley365,

This will sound very simple but it works,lol.
    Just rename the vob files to .mpg and click ok when the warning box comes up. That's it!

Now you can import them into dvdit with no problem, it will play the file and sound together then it demuxes if needed on its own when authoring. I've done it, also renaming vob to mpg lets the files play on windows media player also(that is if you have a valid mpg codec installed).
    Hope this helps,
    David