1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB to DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by francis3, Oct 9, 2002.

1. francis3

francis3 Member

I have ripped VOB files to my hardisk, when i try to burn selected VOB files using Nero, I get a message saying the required VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP not present.How can I create these files? I have the DVD Workshop but it won't accept VOB files, so how can I go about without having to convert these VOB files to mpeg so I can author them in DVD Workshop?

2. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

All the files you need can be found on the original DVD.

3. viojack

viojack Member

yes all the files you need should be on the dvd.
    try selecting all files before you rip.
    for the people having problems with nero use instant cd/dvd 6.5.choose udf video,uncheck joliet and add your video_ts dir and a fake audio_ts.i was having a simular problem with nero only it said unexpected exception.

4. francis3

francis3 Member

thank you guys, now what happened if i have ripped selected vob files and their .bup and .ifo files from several dvds and wish to burn all of them in one dvd-r?
    what i have done is rename those files in numerical order and drag all of them to the nero window, and still gets that message, do i need to create a new video_ts.ifo and video_ts.bup?

5. viojack

viojack Member

if you want to put more than one movie on a dvd-r,you will have re-encode using tmpgenc or rempeg2. hmm that is a good question though,i will try it later on today and burn with instant dvd instead of nero and see what happens.

6. francis3

francis3 Member

thanks again viojack for your reply, the reason why i don't want to reencode those vob files back to mpeg is because those are karaoke files with two audio streams, that is the vocals and the non-vocals, and if i use dvd workshop to author those files(in mpeg), i can only insert one audio file to create those vob files again......i have no problem if i want to create a vcd, where i actually use cool edit to put the 2 audio files into one single wav file and finalise it using TMPGEnc b4 burning it with nero