1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB to MPEG2

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cdogg212, Jan 29, 2005.

1. cdogg212

cdogg212 Member

Hey does anyone know how to convert or fix a VOB file so that it will be readable through TMPegEnc, VirtualDub, WMP, etc. For some reason none of the applications see the audio but it's there in the file. I'm using DVD Decryptor to put a set of VOBs into one and the video will play and all apps can see the video but I know the audio is there to since I put the new single VOB in another machine that has a mess of different codecs and it played the audio to but no editing software could. What I'm looking to do is basically just fixing the VOB file so that the audio and video is seen as just a regular MPEG2 file. I don't want to reencode or anything like that, just put a marker, so to speak so the editors and regular players see the audio and play it. Any ideas?

Thanks all so much!!

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Well, that second sentence is pretty hard to follow.

I don't know why the others wouldn't work for you, but VirtualDub does not support mpeg2 (and hence doesn't support VOB). For mpeg2 support, you need VirtualDubMod.