1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vob with out of sync /no audio!!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DJJTT, Dec 10, 2004.

1. DJJTT

DJJTT Member

Hi ya,
    I have converted a movie(with perfect audio)from XVID .AVI to Vob, and the audio is out of sync at the start and not there at all for the rest of the movie. I have read most of the posts here to see if anyone else has had the same but not found anything that matches. The nearest I could find was someone being told to use VirtualDub, but VirtualDub does not allow Vob files to be loaded!!!!

Can anyone help me please? O_0

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I don't know, maybe the problem is a wrong bitrate used in the AVI file, like I wrote in http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 (audio problem if an AVI is converted to MPG).
    I don't know exactly how to solve this; maybe you can re-encode the audio with BeSweet as explained there (using profile: MP2 for DVD). But after that I don't know how to add the correct audio to the video part of the VOB file instead of the previous audio, sorry.
    But since you created the VOB file from an AVI, maybe you might use the correct MP2 file when you convert the AVI file (with TMPGenc, I assume), using the MP2 file as 'audio input' in TMPGenc (inestead of the default AVI).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  3. DJJTT

DJJTT Member

Thanks for your reply I will have a go!!! ;-)