1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vob

Discussion in 'PS2' started by madskull, May 7, 2003.

1. madskull

madskull Guest

please help im trying to backup my ps2 games, with no luck, im using vob instant cd/dvd, I have a matshita dvd-ram sw-9581 ,and a flip top ps2 with swap magic dvd 2.0 euro build

2. rainking

rainking Member

Make sure you use dvd-r media. Ram does not work with ps2 as far as I know. Never heard of vob instant cd/dvd, but would recomend record now dx or nero to make a 1:1 copy. Use good media i.e. verbatim and burn at a slow speed. Hope that helps.

3. madskull

madskull Guest

Cheers but my writer is dvd-ram,Im using dvd-r Neo Premium media(purple, some sort of die in the disc, can't remember it's proper name) recordnow max and prassi are not compatable with my drive, so i think i'll try nero

4. madskull

madskull Guest

wehey! cd back up of ps2 game worked fine using nero and magic swap cd. Then tried dvd, only to find my dvd magic swap disc is knacked!! Get new dvd magic swap disc on saturday, fingers crossed. Wish i'd tried nero earlier, but VOB instant cd+dvd clashes with nero, so i got rid of nero. Nero's back, VOB is shite nobody use it, it's bad 4 your health!!!. Cheers rainking

5. rainking

rainking Member

No problem. DVD-R media will work on ps2, so you should be set once you get your new magic swap disk. Just remember that magic swap disk is not 100% bullet proof. Some games might not boot. Do a search on it and will find some games that they can't get to work with the swap disk. By doing so you can avoid making coasters. Later.