1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. herbmann

herbmann Guest

I was mystified as to what VOB files were. I thought I read that Windows Media Player would show them. Mine won't. Anyway, I found that I could Get them from within Adobe Premier and do whatever editing I wanted and export them to many formats including flash, wmv, quicktime, avi, whatever. Not sure if this is useful to anyone, but it has been a boon for me.

-Herb Mann

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

windows media player will read vob files, you just have to know how to use the right click button, and choose the right file to open, good luck, also yes quite a few people know how to do what you are talking about

3. herbmann

herbmann Guest

Well, my Windows Media Player doesn't play VOB files. I right click on the VOB file and Open with Media Player and nada. Glad it works in Adobe Premier.

4. donewell

donewell Regular member

Herbmann--- You didn't read what rdmercer1 said
    you must RIGHT click on your vob file and a menue will popup , then choose open with, then choose windows media. and if you want check the box that says always open with this program and you won't have to do it again

5. herbmann

herbmann Guest

Um, Donewell, what did you say differently than what I said? That is exactly what I did. Media Player opened, but did not play the VOB file on which I had right clicked, Open with Media Player. What am I missing here?

6. donewell

donewell Regular member

Sorry, what version of media player do you have. I think it only plays in 10 or 11
    Sorry about that, should have thought of this first.
    Also in xp not win 98
    I don't know what os your runing, should have asked first.

7. herbmann

herbmann Guest

Windows Media 11, XP Professional. Maybe it is not a true VOB file. While I do have a workaround, it would be nice for a quick preview in WM.

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

9. donewell

donewell Regular member

herbmann
    I'M lost as what to tell you, I have Windows Media 11, XP Professional also and I have no problems playing vob files in media player. All i do is right click and play with, just like what was said before. I hope someone else can help you

10. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

herbmann maby you don't have the right codec installed on your system, also i can open with media player classic, so you must be doing something wrong