1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vob2mpg v2.3

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mshack1, Feb 10, 2007.

1. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

I use recode and anydvd to rip all my movies onto my HDD.

I then use vob2mpg v2.3 to convert the vob's into one large file that i can play on my xbox360's with media center.

I have always kept the original ripped vob's and the single one created with vob2mpg, so in essence i have 2 copies of the same movie on my HDD, one i use on my media extender and the other i can use if i ever want to make a backup disc.

Question is, instead of keeping 2 sets of files, using so much HDD space, what program can i use to burn the file created by vob2mpg onto a playable dvd?

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

convertxtodvd will do the trick for you

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

if you have the originl ripped files from the original DVD ...... why take the file that is converted by VOB2MPG and convert it again! Sounds like a lot of conversion to me! I would take the original ripped files, run it thought FixVTS and then use Recode to burn to DVD! this way you're just transcoding down to a DVD5. I don't want too much loss of quality that 2 conversions might do! Just my opinion.

4. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

I want to make room on my HDD's, i have 2 TB's of HDD space filled with games and movies. I must leave the files created by VOB2MPG, so i can view them on my media extenders, however the originally created VTS files can be deleted to free up alot of space. I just wanted to know, if i ever needed to burn a copy, what software i could use to convert the single VOB MPG file created with VOB2MPG.

5. ebega

ebega Regular member

NeroVision can also be used.

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member