1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vobs from HD to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by qtrim, Sep 17, 2002.

1. qtrim

qtrim Member

I have a movie on my HD, separated into chapters, still in .vob format. I want to author these to DVD, but none of the burning programs I've tried (Prassi and MyDVD) will accept the .vobs. Is there an authoring program that will accept .vobs directly?

2. paxophile

paxophile Member

Yes, why must we demux the vob files into their elementary streams in order to import them into an authoring program that just remuxes them again anyways. This takes time and opens up the possibility of sync problems.

3. gundo181

gundo181 Member

Ulead DVD Workshop will allow you to burn a DVD folder to disc.

Demuxing audio and video is rarely required, just simpler. For DVD's with less that (approx) 4.36 GB of data... you can simply rip the VOB's, and re-burn them.

For DVD-9 discs, demuxing is often the simplest way to cut a video down to DVD-R size. However, you can also strip the original VOB's using IFOEdit. If removing languages, special features, and trailers gets the VOB's down to size, you can use ULead's DVD WOrkshop to burn them to DVD-R.