1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vodafone Motorola V550 hidden menu accesss

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by footdoc, Apr 14, 2005.

1. footdoc

footdoc Guest

Can somebody please help me? I have a Vodafone Motorola V550 which I bought in Europe it is a "pay as you talk" model that is apparently unlocked . When I returned back home to Canada and inserted my Fido sim card into the phone - most functions work except I cannot access the menus that allow me to change the WAP, GRPS and MMS settings to the Fido settings. Also I cannot change the voice mail phone number. Is there a way that I can get access to the hidden menus so that I can change these European Vodafone settings to the corresponding Canadian Fido settings.

Many thanks!!

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

to change the MMS and wap settings,,,get the manual settings from Fido then go to message>Menu>Message Setup>MMS Message Setup> and change the details there, then go to Menu>WebAccess>Web Sessions>[New Entry] and put the details,,,,,

for the voice mail go to Menu>Settings>Call Divert>Voice calls> and change the number there.......

3. footdoc

footdoc Guest

Thank you for your assistance, the only thing that is still not functioning is when I push and hold down the "1" button on the phone the quick dial says "calling voicemail" and I get the operator's voice message "we're sorry but your call cannot be completed as dialed please check the number and try again". On this phone the "Voicemail Setup" option in the Msg Centre Menu is not visible (I am assuming that it must be therefore hidden)is there any way that this option can be "exposed"? As well the "Web Access" menu option is called "Vodafone Live!" do you have any suggestions as to how this can be renamed?
    Thanks for your help.

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i guess u have to reflash ur fone..... but dont know where u can get it, u need a little search.....

5. footdoc

footdoc Guest

Yes, that is what I figure as well. I have found a place nearby that has "walk in service".

Thanks for your suggestions.

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

no problem :D